Mick visits one of Tim’s old school mates, Gavin Smith, who runs a MakerSpace called Robots & Dinosaurs in Meadowbank, Sydney, Australia.
Part 1: Laser cutters, CNC and other machinery
- CO2 laser cutters.
- Why we can cut mirrors with laser cutters.
- Materials you shouldn’t use in a laser cutter, (chlorine gas).
- Box creating software.
- Yet another Gav & Tim story.
- Various CNC machines.
- Circuit board manufacture using CNC.
Part 2: Robots, projects, electronics and stories
- B9 robot from Lost In Space.
- Recycled robot.
- Soft drink can collecting robot.
- Book scanner.
- Slow Dance prototype (Kickstarter).
- 3D printers.
- Soldering desks.
- Storage containers.
- Video microscope.
- Using Form Card (Kickstarter).
- High intensity Xray scanners and flash drives.
- Differential screws.
- Organizing tools.
See also Dave Jones’ trip to R&D.
R&D website: http://robodino.org/
Gav’s personal website: https://tinkerings.org/
If you like this YouTube channel please subscribe by clicking the in-video button, or the little red "Subscribe" button in your browser or app. You can also get updates by subscribing to me on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, and also Tumblr.